Embossing and Engraving text or log using Pro Engineer WildFire 4.0.
In this procedure, you will create a simple text and elipse that represents company logo on solid extrusion . You’ll learn how to quickly offset geometry with Draft Feature and Create entity from and edge tool to extrude the logo on a cylinder outer surface. Use the Circle and Text tools in Sketcher, You’ll also learn how to add round features to edges.
In this tutorial, using Pro Engineer WildFire 4.0 you will learn how to create an emboss feature on a solid to create a company name or company logo.
Below is highlight of the Pro E tutorial, for more detailed Step by Step tutorial please watch the video.
Pre request skills for this tutorial, using the sketcher mode to create a cylinder using the Extrude Feature, Also you need to be able to create and offset a datum plane for creating an ellipse in sketcher to use as a protrusion feature to emboss the company name. Also you need to be comfortable creating text entities and using Create Entity command.
- From the menu bar, Choose Edit>Offset.
- Click the arrow to scroll down the Offset option
- Select With Draft Feature Button.
- Click on References panel, and click on the Define Button, select the offset datum plane.
- Using the datum plane to create an entity of the existing ellipse.
- Decide on the thickness and angle of the embossed protrusion.
- Must balance the thickness and the angle or Pro Engineer will not be able to build the part.
- Go through the steps above using the text to create engraved feature with company name.
Please watch the video tutorial for detailed instruction.
If your browser does not show the video below, please click on one of the links below:
Audio in the video is coming soon. This just a test.
Incoming search terms:
- pro engineer
- pro engineer engraving
- engrave pro engineer
- engraving pro engineer
- create an entity from an edge tool pro engineer
- how to engrave in pro e
- proe engraving
- pro e engraving
- How to engrave letters in pro E
- pro/e engraving